Brian "Head" Welch was an early adopter of extended-range guitars, and his signature ESP LSH207FMSTP LTD SH-207 reflects what he looks for from a 7-string instrument: stinging, glassy highs and a brutal low end.
A founding member of Korn, Welch, along with a handful of peers, helped define the sonic identity of nu-rock in the 1990s. With his signature, aggressive playing style that pulled together elements of metal, hard rock, and turntablism-inspired sounds, Head has cemented his place as one of the most influential contemporary guitarists.
Featuring a mahogany body, gorgeous flamed maple top, 3-piece maple neck, and jatoba fingerboard, the LTD SH-207 has a formidable tonewood combination. High-output ESP-designed pickups generate stellar tone, for one of the most impressive 7-string guitars we have heard at this price point.
Tone-packed body with stunning flamed maple top
With its jaw-dropping flamed maple top and striking all-black hardware, the LTD SH-207 is impossible to ignore and makes a bold statement onstage - just like Head! Cut from mahogany, it emanates a rich, harmonically complex sound, with a thick, commanding low end that's perfect for churning out basement-dwelling power chords. The LTD SH-207 is an ergonomic wonder, featuring intelligently carved contours that enhance comfort and playability.
Sleek and speedy 3-piece maple neck
The LTD SH-207 sports a bolt-on 3-piece maple neck with an extra thin U profile, which provides access across the entire fingerboard for effortless chording and ultra-fast technical lead work. Capped with a highly figured roasted jatoba fingerboard, the LTD SH-207's neck exhibits a dense, steely tone with an aggressive attack ideal for the type of sonic assault for which Head is known.
ESP LTD: hard-rocking axes, maximum value
ESP LTD guitars were created to bring a more affordable version of the classic designs and quality of ESP guitars to a new market. The entire ESP LTD line features premium tonewoods, quality pickups, and solid hardware for a lifetime of use. An exacting eye for detail and quality means that every instrument is ready to rock when it leaves the factory. An impressive list of signature guitars by some of today's biggest guitar heroes shows the popularity and respect held by ESP LTD.
- Signature 7-string solidbody guitar from ESD LTD and Brian "Head" Welch
- Rich mahogany body topped with gorgeous flamed maple
- Striking black hardware and hardtail bridge
- Extra thin U profile 3-piece maple neck and jatoba fingerboard
- High-output ESP-designed humbuckers
- Intelligently carved body contours
- Deluxe quality at an affordable price
- Number of Strings: 7
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: LTD Brian "Head" Welch SH-207
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: See Thru Purple
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Shape: Extra Thin U
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Radius: 13.7"
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Jatoba
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Offset Blocks
- Number of Frets: 24, Extra Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.889"
- Nut Material: Molded
- Bridge/Tailpiece: LTD Bridge with String-thru body
- Tuners: LTD
- Neck Pickup: ESP Designed LH-307N Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: ESP Designed LH-307B Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: D'Addario, .010-.059
If you're looking for the perfect rock or metal guitar, then you need to check out the SH-207.