The Mackie CR3-X is a pair of Creative Reference Series 3" Multimedia Monitors offering a compact solution for quality audio playback in home studios and gaming setups. With 50W of amplification driving 3" woofers and 0.75" tweeters, the CR3-X monitors work well, whether you're creating content or casually enjoying some tunes.
The pair consists of one passive speaker and one powered speaker that connect with an included speaker cable. Each monitor incorporates a custom-tuned rear port to smoothly extend the low end and a specially designed waveguide for clarity and proper dispersion of high frequencies.
With plenty of I/O provided, the CR3-X can accept a feed from your audio interface, computer soundcard, or mobile device while pumping out your mix to the drivers or your favorite headphones.
The CR3-X features a download for ProTools | First and The Musician's Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plug-ins with BBD Delay, Eleven Lite, the 304E EQ, and the 304C Compressor.
- For recording, mixing, sound design, gaming, and casual listening
- All-wood cabinet with a brushed-metal front panel
- 3.5mm, RCA, and 1/4" inputs accommodate balanced or unbalanced stereo line-level signal from your audio interface, mixer, soundcard, or mobile device
- Front-panel 3.5mm headphone port auto-defeats speaker output
- 50W of amplification drives the 3" polypropylene-coated woofers and 0.75" ferrofluid-cooled silk-dome tweeters
- Speaker placement switch lets you choose which side to use for the on/off/volume control
- Includes a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable for connecting your computer to the speakers, a standard 3.5mm cable to plug in your smartphone, and a speaker cable to connect the left and right monitors
Avid Pro Tools | First and Other Included Software
Avid Pro Tools has been an industry standard in studios and homes for decades. Pro Tools | First (available for macOS and Windows operating systems) is easy enough for beginners yet sophisticated enough for experienced musicians. Get many of the same tools used by your favorite artists and recording studios, collaborate online with anyone anywhere, and create at the speed of your imagination.
In addition to the powerful plug-ins within Pro Tools | First, this mixer comes with the exclusive Mackie Musician Collection featuring 23 fantastic plug-ins:
- Avid 304E EQ: Add musical warmth with a treble and bass equalizer with sweepable mid control
- Avid 304C Compressor: Tweak the clarity, balance, and rhythmic feel of music with this optical-modeled compressor
- BBD Delay: Create delay, chorus, and vibrato effects based on a classic guitar pedal
- Black Op Distortion: Add rich distortion based on a classic distortion pedal
- Black Shiny Wah: Achieve the famous classic tones of a respected wah wah pedal
- Black Spring Reverb: Get the twang and space of a vintage amplifier
- C1 Chorus: Emulates a classic chorus pedal
- DC Distortion: Dial up a range of overdriven tones with this Avid custom distortion effect
- Eleven Lite: Get the sound of popular guitar amps and speaker cabinets
- Flanger: Create esoteric sounds with this homage to vintage and modern flangers
- Graphic EQ: Sculpt frequencies with ease
- Gray Compressor: Add warmth to tracks based on a vintage Ross compressor
- Green JRC Overdrive: Get the coveted sounds of a classic IC overdrive pedal
- In-Tune: Keep your instruments in tune with this digital tuner
- Orange Phaser: Create interesting effects with this phase shifter based on a classic design
- Roto Speaker: Recreate the sounds of a Leslie rotary speaker cabinet
- Sci-Fi: Add analog synth-type ring and frequency modulation
- Studio Reverb: Create natural-sounding reverb and ambient effects
- Tape Echo: Add vintage analog delay and chorus effects
- Tri Knob Fuzz: Get the Hendrix tone with this fuzz box based on one of the first fuzz pedals
- Vari-Fi: Create the effect of audio changing tape speed
- Vibe Phaser: Add phase-shift and rotary speaker effects
- White Boost: Boost gain without coloring tone