This Martin D-15M StreetMaster 6-string acoustic guitar delivers big-box amplitude, focus, and balanced tone with broken-in looks and feel, thanks to its dreadnought body style and distressed finish. Built from solid mahogany and given a street-worn look in a tip of the hat to the working musician, this great-sounding acoustic guitar imparts warm, lively characteristics to your playing, along with an amazingly rich tonal complexity. The D-15M its versatility, playability, and real-world price tag, so we're confident you'll fall in love with this Martin D-15M StreetMaster acoustic guitar — right from the first strum!
Solid mahogany tonewood delivers rich tonal complexity
There's a good reason that singer/songwriters swear by all-mahogany acoustic guitars such as this Martin D-15M. The naturally warm and lively tone of mahogany is extremely forgiving and also provides a rich tonal complexity that's somewhat reminiscent of an electric sound. At the same time, the deep timbre of this D-15M StreetMaster leaves plenty of sonic space for a vocal, acting as an excellent source of accompaniment.
Classic dreadnought body style
The rich tone and loud volume of the D-15M StreetMaster come partly from its ever-popular dreadnought body style. This body style provides excellent projection and focus, perfect for pairing with a banjo (which was a common combination in Martin's golden era, the 1930s) or other instruments in an ensemble. The dreadnought body style also gives you well-balanced tone, making this D-15M an excellent choice for recording in the studio.
Smooth low-oval neck profile and Plek'd frets
Whether you need to survive long recording sessions or plan to play out late into the night, you'll be glad you got a Martin D-15M StreetMaster acoustic guitar. It features one of Martin's amazingly playable modified low-oval neck profiles, which gives you enough girth to hold onto while still allowing you to play faster lines unhindered. It has a standard neck taper, and the Plek'd frets and smooth katalox (Mexican royal ebony) fingerboard ensure a playing experience that few guitars can offer.
Martin D-15M StreetMaster Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Solid mahogany tonewood delivers rich, complex sounds with appealing warmth
- Unique distressed finish is an appealing nod to today's working guitarist
- Dreadnought body offers balanced tone and superior projection
- Low-oval neck profile improves playability for more confident performance
- Diamonds and squares — short pattern abalone fingerboard inlays for an eye-catching appearance
- Smooth, extremely durable katalox fingerboard for lasting beauty and playing satisfaction
- Open-geared (Golden Age Relic Nickel) tuners with butterbean knobs keep you in tune with style